Eaglie's Aviary

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday, a True American Holiday

Super Bowl Sunday: the most gluttonous day of the year this side of Thanksgiving. Besides a few rebellious folk, EVERYONE watches for the football, the halftime show, or the commercials.

The football should be a spectacle: a veteran Super Bowl bagger leading the Cardinals' West Coast offense, run by stupid short passes, versus the reborn Steel Curtain, playing football the way it should be played. If you think that I'm abandoning my principles and going against my avian kin, you obviously don't understand the food chain.

Bruce Springsteen is doing halftime this year, which will likely be a step up from previous the phallus-and-nipple shows.

As for those commercials: Monsters Vs. Aliens, the animated movie, gave me 3-D glasses. I plan to watch the whole game with them on, no matter how hard it is to find my salsa.

Labels: