Eaglie's Aviary

Monday, January 19, 2009

Dead Duck Walkerin'

We are looking at the last few hours of the Bush presidency and possibly the last few hours of The Daily Show being funny. (Just kidding, John-o!)

But seriously, when you wake up, little Johnnie, there will be a black man swearing on a Bible, and probably putting us all to work in mines, including mercury, lead, arsenic... all pretty useless to collect en masse, but Pres.-elect Obama wants it anyway, I'm sure. Well, maybe he'll turn out to be a moderate... he's been so happy to listen to all the country music they played for him in between the R&B, rock, and folk at his inaugural concert.

But this is my goodbye to Pres. George W. Bush, as per the new bylaws. Besides, it'll be uncool to bash him. So I'll just thank him for my formative years. The Clinton years... the Bush years... sixteen nearly uninterrupted years of comedy! What happens next, besides mining things? We'll have Bill Clinton married into the Cabinet (Sec. of State-in-Law to Pres. Obama?), and Vice Pres. Biden is from Delaware (hilarious!). So I think it'll be exciting! What do I make fun of? What do I uncover? What is rotting in the White(ish) House? Will conservatives become funny again?

Well, to start, I guess I have to take down that dartboard:

It's a sad day when we have to switch targets.

See you guys bright and early on a new day!

Labels: