Eaglie's Aviary

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blagojevich's Burden

A man who quotes Rudyard Kipling* can't be all bad, can he?

Rod-man (bad pun, Chicago sports fan, amiright?) defended himself against all those nasty almost-treasonous charges by sounding the clarion call to truth. He thanked people for supporting him, which I assume he did not mean me, as I did not vote for him. Nor did I presume him innocent before guilty. I, in fact, assumed he was guilty and poured myself a celebratory drink the morning I woke up and heard the news. I called that scotch a "morning-cap."

But Gov. Blagojevich is a noble one, who cuts out all the crap and fat. Let me tell you what the governor wants to tell all the citizens of Illinois and the United States of America: "Let me tell you what I'm not going to do: I'm not going to do what my accusers and political enemies have been doing and that is, talk about this case in thirty second soundbites on Meet the Press or on the TV news."

Time yourself reading that aloud. Was that thirty seconds?

Something else to note: Blago has a lot of lawyers working for him. For these defense lawyers, context is a huge thing, probably the center of their criminal justice training. All those tapes of Blago bleeping cussing and "discussing" senate seats were very out of context. And they are bullshit because our governor is totally innocent because he uses every breath fighting specifically for health care. Sick children and senior citizens' meds. Always with the damned enfeebled, Roddie! Always!

Of course, now he'll be using all that breath fighting these criminal charges. No time for the enfeebled now.

* - Good poem.

Labels: