Eaglie's Aviary

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Appointing a "Curveball"

In all his truthful wisdom, Mr. Blagojevich appointed a senator today. Maybe Roland "Plaxico" Burris deserves the position. Maybe he doesn't. I don't think he was on the Candidates #1-5 List before. I had to look him up to know who he was, as did most of CNN.

The reaction to this "curveball": Ill. Secretary of State Jesse White, a former tumbler, has refused to sign papers that allow this senator to go to Washington. Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn called the appointment an insult to the state. Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) smiled and gave a proverbial thumbs up as Burris accepted his appointment. Something about this tells me we're going to have more fun/chaos than even I expected.

Kudos to Blago for exacerbating the situation and adding to the pain of Illinoisians! I knew you could, even when you said you couldn't--and wouldn't--do it!

Labels: