Eaglie's Aviary

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Chicago Sports Are a Wet Dream Right Now...

...to satirists.

I was actually at the Cubs game, only about 20 or so rows from the field, where teammates Michael Barrett and Carlos Zambrano fought. I barely saw it, but still, I consider myself proud to have witnessed such a beautiful and honorable moment in Chicago sports history.

Manager Lou Piniella, the next game, probably totally not thinking at all about the game the day before, exploded. He kicked dirt all over the ump and grabbed the ump's arm, apparently. He is suspended four games without access to beaches, gardens, and dirt roads. His consolation prize is a new hat.

The White Sox are... well... I really don't know. Ozzie's still managing and not being hunted by the NAACP, right?

The Bears' Tank Johnson got out of jail, finally. The Chicago papers released the list of junk food he ate in jail. Thankfully, they did this "on the way in" and not "on the way out."

However, for all our woes, I still found a video to cheer us all up.

Labels: