Eaglie's Aviary

Saturday, May 19, 2007

OMFFG2

So I was officially wrong about what Blizzard's next game was going to be. I predicted they would still be saving that "Starcraft II" trump card for later. I predicted Diablo III (which would have been pretty early, admittedly... some people are STILL just beating the second one). I'm pretty glad I was wrong, too.

The gaming industry is going nuts, and the Blizzard website is running slow as hell as it declares itself, "Hell, It's About Time." People (like me) have been waiting TEN YEARS for today. And the game looks exactly like it should: a 3D version of the original, with lots more pretty lighting. A number of the units look changed in the screenshots, but hey, I'll deal. I'm glad they're going with "mass-scale warfare." I loved Warcraft III, but the RPG style suited the world. Starcraft is supposed to be a mass scale game, and if I can send more than 400 zerglings into a base this time around, I will be a happy Overmind.

Now comes the betting: Raynor's gotta be the one that kills Kerrigan, right? I believe it would only be right.

In other stirring gaming news, Halo 3 changed its release date from November to late September (yes, Bungie bumped it UP). From my gaming industry sources (cough, sister, cough), the companies OTHER than Bungie are scared. Companies set their games to release and give Halo 3 a VERy wide berth. Now, all that's gone to hell as Halo 3 is now set for September 25th. Anything releasing for the XBOX 360 in September is probably screwed, 'cause people are going to spend their extra money to get the Collector's Edition that comes with the Masterchief Helmet. Godspeed, Companies Other Than Bungie.

So, anyway, it's a good day for gaming.

Labels: