Eaglie's Aviary

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Newswires Are Afraid of Spiders

Are you paying attention to this AP versus Google situation? You know, the one where Google users find AP wire stories all over their searches that are relevant and AP gets nothing but their names in all the papers? And where websites shouldn't embed AP audio or video made available to the public? And where websites shouldn't be quoting AP-written headlines to link to AP stories?

I mean, if you don't stop it now, AP, next thing you know someone'll be torrenting all your copy.

Now, I've secretly promised myself that I won't weigh in for Google or AP or whoever else is launching themselves into the battle of the monolithic nerd agencies. I will just give you what I'm best at: irony. Then some more irony. And then I'll search for more irony.

Labels: