Eaglie's Aviary

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Charles Darwin: Born Yesterday

Or, well, born today, 200 years ago. But I was trying to play on a cliche, which doesn't work as well after I reread it. And I should edit it, but it's one of those things I can't bring myself to because it sounds cool and you still get the picture.

Google is celebrating, in ways only they can. Scientific American is celebrating, with a podcast (how else?). And the finches are celebrating because, by gum, they were PART of the HMS Beagle voyage, and they deserve the celebrity status.

I celebrate because Charlie's the poster boy for science and dinosaurs, the latter of which is the coolest thing ever to exist on Earth (I'M A RAPTOR! RAR!) and the former being the proof for that coolest thing ever. And I like any proof, unless it involves bisecting lines and supplemental angles. That kind of proof is less cool.

Labels: ,