Eaglie's Aviary

Friday, February 15, 2008

I Can't Even Call It Yellow Journalism at This Point

So about those school shootings... no, even I can't do it. Too close to home. Less than a hundred miles away? I can't, I KNOW people there...

Okay, fine, I'll say it:
3-1 odds video games are cited in the news tomorrow.
2-1 odds Illinois gun laws will be criticized by both liberals and conservatives for a thousand different reasons.
5.5 million-1 odds the shootings are called the St. Valentine's Day Massacre somewhere in the media, especially due to the shooting's vicinity to Chicago.

Whoops! Nevermind those odds.

And there, too!

And BAM!

Hey, you're stealing my thunder...

I guess I was late to the draw. That's okay, I had the day off. Now, it's $2 to the first person to find the first major news outlet usage of this phrase!