Eaglie's Aviary

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Bit o' a Chanty/Shanty!

I be discoverin'... less people are int'this thing aroun' me than I'd like. All should walk th'plank, I say, the whole lot.

An' now, I give ye me own sea shanty, courtesy me, Funnybone McSeadog. I think ye need to make up yer own music if'n ye want some, though:

On the open seas,
ye be a pirate
Or a merchant.
Maybe ye be a
soldier 'r sailor
f'r His Majesty,
Fighting some buckos.
Or be ye a whale?
But whatever ye be,
Ye all have a bit
of the salty sea
pumping in yer veins
and one BAC
to match it, damn all.
That be why we drink
the finest of all,
Figurehead Runner Rum!
Look fer the mermaid:
not just on the cork...
It be the whole cork!

Figurehead Runner Rum! Finer than Kerosene!
Figurehead Runner Rum! Finer than Kerosene!
Figurehead Runner Rum! Finer than Kerosene!


Figurehead Runner Rum! Finest sea shanty an' earworm from back in th'day!