Eaglie's Aviary

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eaglie's Aviary Presents Ha'potta' Kedavra Week

Hello, and welcome, little wizards and witches! This is the Aviary's Ha'potta' Kadavra Week, and I hope to enlighten during the week leading up to Deathly Hallows Release Eve.

This is the biggest event of all of our lives. Well, maybe not all. I totally apologize for my nerdiness this week to people not involved in reading Harry Potter. A lot of stuff I say will make as much sense as DADA professor keeping his or her job without so much as getting an Imperius Curse placed on them. Just remember: you guys who this doesn't make sense to, you are the future. People like me? Have none.

And I have a banner for the week:


Artwork by M. Dost. Lettering by Cracked PS 7.0.

Before you go calling me a mindless Inferi, I remind you I am only an undead creature in a GAME, a GAME OF WARCRAFT. I am still an elf in real life, thank you very much.

So we're off. Off to read about a final stand for the wizarding world! Off to read a tale of friendship, sacrifice, and heroism! Off to read about the inevitable death of Hagrid*!

And I'll mark this right now so I don't have to for the rest of the week: these are characters and situations created and owned by J.K. Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. They are being used in a satirical vein, legal under U.S. law. No money is being made either. Plus, I'll probably be stepping on some other publishers' toes. This applies to them**, too.

--Eaglie (Totally Passed a Quizilla Quiz to Be an Auror)

* - Really.

** - Including but not limited to: Detective Comics, National Football League, Major League Soccer, Federation Internationale de Football Association, Saint Ignatius College Preparatory School, the City of Chicago, the Office of the Mayor of the City of Chicago, Cable News Network LP, LLLP., Time Warner, the Ottoman Empire, Blizzard Entertainment, Vivendi Games, Vivendi Universal, Gordon Company, Silver Pictures, Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corp., News Corp., Mutant Enemy Productions, 1013 Productions, MuggleNet, the Elliot family, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Penguin Group, Pearson Education, Adobe Systems Incorporated, His Holiness, Vatican City and the Catholic Church, the Municipality of Oak Park, the Office of the Mayor of the Municipality of Oak Park, the Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park, Cicero & Julius Caesar.