Eaglie's Aviary

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Updateupdateupdate!

Wow, Roeper's got my number! Of course, knowing how low I stooped and acknowledging it WHILE bashing Falwell makes me less inclined to feel bad! So due to my lack of feeling guilty, I'll link you a picture instead.

OH! I almost forgot! Studs Terkel, that great Chicago author/interviewer/entertainer/journalist/personality/liberal/geezer, turned 95 today! He is famous for interviewing people during the Depression and probably has 3000 interviews in the Historical Society's archives. He has written countless books, and I suspect the most famous would be Working. Studs was on the radio today with Rick Kogan, live from the Chicago History Museum, as they talked to his friends and family just before cutting the cake. As Chaz Ebert (Roger's wife) said, "You know you're old when they hold your birthday party at the history museum." Congrats, Studs!