Eaglie's Aviary

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Cicadas

The 17-year cicadas are prepping to come out. Yes, I keep a doomsday clock for them... right next to my Mayan Apocalypse doomsday clock and John Denver-rising-from-the-dead doomsday clock.

Not that I've really needed the clock. All the newspapers are writing about this, and I think I've seen at least two 10 o'clock news segments about it. It seems like this septendecennial event is going to be a big deal this time around--almost too big a deal. If they (the cicadas) are planning on doing anything more than make a lot of noise this time around, why aren't they (the media) informing us instead of just talking about cicadas in general? Have we been let down again by journalists everywhere?

Or maybe I was just three when this media circus last happened.

Labels: