Eaglie's Aviary

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Vote!

You all know me. I love proclaiming the oddness of being from my hometown of Forest Park. But I love the City and its foibles, and I've been learning how to get around in it almost as long as I've been conscious.

You Chicagoans reading this may say "You're a suburbanite! You're not from Chicago! Don't even pretend!" But I now officially have residency in both places, and know the Red Line (from Chinatown to Loyola, at least) better than a lot of people who live in the city. I identify with living in Rogers Park probably as much as I identify with living in Forest Park.

With that said, on the Chicago Bloggers site, should I be from the Red Line at Loyola or the Blue Line at Harlem (Congress)? Currently, I've chosen Harlem to stand out as not just a simple Loyola student. But I will ask opinions... my heart is torn, faithful readers. Glue it back together, or at least tell it you care.

Comments:

Well, to legally be acceptable to the chicago blogger website, you will need to be living within the borders of chicago. If there's one thing I know about bloggers, it's their willingness to adhere to the law and the truth.

Flip a coin.
 
"Currently, I've chosen Harlem to stand out as not just a simple Loyola student."

If that's REALLY your only reason for it, then I say Red Line.
 
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you should accept your college student identity and be happy with it. I mean, we know you're a Chicagoan, and there are enough references to Chicago life in your blog to make that clear to others.
 
Post a Comment