Eaglie's Aviary

Thursday, May 19, 2005


And the non-spoiler review of Revenge of the Sith I wrote earlier:

The Revenge of Lucas: The Alternate Non-Spoiled Version

Ummm... what is there to say? I loved it. There were a few lines exchanged (Anakin and Padme, my GOD) that made me cringe. Actually, I counted the number of times I cringed, and it was at three. Can't say that for Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones. My theater's film also glitched for a crucial moment... luckily for less that a second. And there was one glaring thing Yoda said that I will murder George Lucas for (well... verbally...).

But, there were parts that I FELT for the characters. Star Wars is a melodrama, but in the prequels, you hardly ever feel for them. Revenge of the Sith is the only prequel I will likely be able to watch over and over. I may have to place it better than A New Hope, mostly for the amazing (and emotional, in one case) lightsaber duels and the Hunt for the Jedi. The Hunt for the Jedi had me in complete dismay...

The movies ranked (keep in mind, that A New Hope is still amazing, and has better acting than Revenge of the Sith, and has the most famous scene in movie history, the Battle of Yavin, and started EVERYONE'S love of Star Wars... plus, Revenge of the Sith is only so powerful as A New Hope makes it... the two are bound just as much as Revenge of the Sith is bound to Return of the Jedi):

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
Anything worth anything
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Ah well, this is the non-spoiler review, and that's it for now. I'ma writing an Eag-tacular Review with spoilers (mostly they will be blotted out with Super-Secret Spoiler Be-Gone Text Color!).

However, I will say this: If you don't know EXACTLY what happens from a combination of the trailer/commercials and the fact that there are three movies following this, you have lived a sheltered, unlivable life, and you should exile yourself to Dagobah or something.