Eaglie's Aviary

Tuesday, October 05, 2004


I will keep this short.

Rodney Dangerfield has left us. He's left this Earth. And I am hit very seriously hard by this news.

Rodney Dangerfield's hilarity warmed my heart, and was one of few lingering reasons to watch guests on Leno's Tonight Show. I remember paying attention to who the guests were... and I would watch for Rodney specifically. One of the greatest meeting of the minds was when Rodney appeared onstage when Jim Carrey was already out. Insanity ensued.

Rodney deserves the respect of everyone, even if they don't respect his brand of comedy... I'm specifically referring to the computer community:

"I went out and bought an Apple Computer; it had a worm in it."

We love you, Rodney. We thank you for not choosing Windows.

So God rest your soul. I bet He respects you.

And with respect to comedy and politics right now...

[John Edwards mentions that he stayed in the King David Hotel, at the time a Sbarro's Pizza nearby it was attacked in Israel]
Person 1: There's a Sbarro's in Israel?
Person 2: Well, not anymore.